[Histonet] Consult Requests

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Thu Jan 14 13:11:08 CST 2016

If a patient or an outside hospital/doctor requests a consult, we encourage patients to pick up their slides at the same time as they pick up radiology discs, medical records, etc.  If  we need to fedex slides/reports to another institution we ask the receiving facility for their Fed-Ex number.  If they don't have one, then we eat the charge in favor of the patient getting the care they need.  However, if we receive a request for a research project, or for duplication for legal reasons, then we charge a duplication fee for the cost of materials.

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
ph: 215-938-3689
fax: 215-938-3874

   4. consult requests (Noelle Linke)
------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 17:59:28 +0000
From: Noelle Linke <nlinke at sbch.org>
Hi all,

Question for anyone who may handle admin staff:   If a patient or an outside hospital/doctor requests a consult and you need to fedex slides/reports to another institution do you charge the patient to send these items or does your facility eat those charges?
Thank you,
No?lle
No?lle Linke, MS, HTL(ASCP) QIHC
Manager, Anatomic Pathology