[Histonet] changing tissue processors

Michael Ann Jones mjones at metropath.com
Mon Jan 11 14:20:51 CST 2016

Nirmala,
We use the number of blocks to guide on how often to change the processors.
We experimented with how many blocks we could get away with and then
backed the number up by 50 blocks to be sure.
VIP5/6 for us is currently 700 blocks. Beyond that, tissues are not
thoroughly processed.
We used to do the change weekly, but we felt this was more accurate,
wouldn¹t waste reagents but ensure processed specimens.
Good luck

Michael Ann Jones, HT (ASCP)
Histology Manager
Metropath
7444 W. Alaska Dr. #250
Lakewood, CO 80226
303.634.2511
Mjones at metropath.com

Providing collaborative diagnostic services,
saving lives today and tomorrow.