[Histonet] Davidson's fixative and IHC question

Anatoli Gleiberman agleiberman at buffalobiolabs.com
Wed Feb 24 15:51:13 CST 2016

My experience with small tissue samples (such as half of mouse brain or slice of mouse liver) fixed in Davidson or other alcoholic formalin fixatives is to fix it no more than overnight and transfer into 70% ethanol (almost forever). The majority of antigens will be preserved much better than in regular NBF.

Anatoli Gleiberman, PhD
Director of Histopathology
Buffalo Biolabs LLC,
73 High Street