[Histonet] Double stain IHC question

koellingr at comcast.net koellingr at comcast.net
Sat Feb 20 17:39:27 CST 2016

All,
I guess I'm reading (or misreading) the situation differently than some.  That this is frozen, and not FFPE, is given originally.

But I'm reading this as two different antibodies marking the very same protein. [Antibody=same protein A].  Is the original question can you mark same protein with two different antibodies to it?  I have done this with two antibodies to DIFFERENT epitopes of the same protein from home grown antibodies and we knew which antibody was directed to which epitope.  If two different antibodies are directed to the SAME epitope on the same protein they will just compete and favor that one with greater affinity/avidity/more conducive physical characteristics for binding.  Then colocalizing with fluorochromes is certainly possible as is done routinely.

Ray (now in Spokane WA)