[Histonet] Bar Code and Tracking

Abbott, Tanya tabbott at pennstatehealth.psu.edu
Wed Feb 17 12:30:45 CST 2016

Hello,
I manage a small Pathology lab where we generate approx. 80-140 blocks for Histo and 5-6 Cytology fluids a day. I have 2 Histotechs that swap doing grossing monthly. I have 1 full time and 1 part time Cytotech and a Cyto assistant. I am curious if there are any smaller labs out there that have gone to a Bar Code and Tracking system and can offer any input. I came from a much larger lab that used CoPath from accessioning to sign-out, so that is the kind of system I am used to. It is certainly a system I wish to integrate in to my lab on a much smaller level, we currently have a very manual process, other than some entry/labeling in our LIS.
Any input is appreciated! Tanya

Tanya G. Abbott
Pathology Manager
Penn State Health St. Joseph