[Histonet] Nuclear Bubbling

deGuzman, Jose R Jose.R.deGuzman at gunet.georgetown.edu
Wed Feb 17 11:55:41 CST 2016

Jim,

Are you drying the slides in an oven before the heat stage on the Prisma? If you use an oven, what is the temperature setting and for how long are slides kept in? Carson and Hladik recommends 60 degrees for less than 1 hour.

You mentioned, recycled formalin, what is the pH of the formalin?

I apologize for all the questions and no answers.

Jose

MedStar Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare delivery system, the largest in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region. Nationally recognized for clinical quality in heart, orthopaedics, cancer and GI. IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system without copying it and notify sender by reply e-mail, so that our records can be corrected. Thank you. Help conserve valuable resources - only print this email if necessary.