[Histonet] Histonet Digest, Vol 157, Issue 13

Mesru T turkekul at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 13:05:54 CST 2016

Hi Jamie,

1. The sheets have adhesive part and holding non-adhesive part. The sheet
is as big as a regular A4 size. The length of the individual tapes is fixed
but you can cut the sheets in different widths depending on the width of
the sample. You can also order sheets with different fixed lengths.
Probably 20-30 sectioning tapes can be generated from one sheet.
2. Nobody knows the chemistry of the transfer film except the creator.
3. You can use any media if you dehydrate you can use permanent or if not
aqueous media. Their media is better optimized for the tape optics for
imaging.
4. Regular OCT does not produce as good sections. SCEM works great. SCEM L1
is new and improved product. I have not tried.
5. The 2C cryofilms are the old versions. The new and improved version is
3C(16UF). The improved version produces better sections.

Mesruh Turkekul