[Histonet] Antibodies storage tips

Julio Benavides j.benavides at eae.csic.es
Tue Aug 16 05:08:01 CDT 2016

Hi all,

In our lab we carry out quite a number of IHCs for research purposes.
The number of mAbs and pAb stored in the frezeer is getting to the point
that, when you need to do and IHC, you actually lose more time diving
through the frezeer draws for the right vial than doing the IHC! is not
a question than we are running our of freezer room, it is more to the
point of having a proper and standarized way to keep the antibodies and
than produce a proper registry of what we have and where to find it.

I was wondering, in an attempt to avoid reinventing the wheel, if you
could be as kind as to share your tips for storing and organizing the
antibodies (aliquots, stock solutions, intermediate dilutions....) so
chaos does not take over the lab!

As always, thank you very much for your time and advice!

Cheers

Julio