[Histonet] Histonet Digest, Vol 153, Issue 2 microtomes

Steve McClain SteveM at mcclainlab.com
Tue Aug 2 13:56:51 CDT 2016

Depends on how long you plan to be in business and whether you are using other people's money.  But buy all the same model and make if you can.

I've owned the same Leica 2125 and 2135 microtomes for 12 years.
We usually cut mainly small biopsies but have pushed those to occasionally cut large  research blocks up to 45mm by 60mm.
I cannot speak to other models. Since I've owned Leica, I haven't had any other experience.

Like all mechanical equipment, maintenance is critical or none will cut properly.
Steve A. McClain, MD