[Histonet] Frozen Sections

Travis Troyer tratroyer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:18:04 CDT 2016

I have a question that I wanted some input on.    We recently did a frozen
section and the patient was confirmed hepatitis B.    I was wondering if
anyone had any protocols for the stains and the cleanliness of the slides
after the frozen section was retrieved.   This is this the first time this
came up and we were wondering about viral contamination in the stains and
the safety of employees beyond the cryostat.    I have found information on
cleaning the cryostat, but I was wondering if anyone did any cleaning of
the staining table after the slides with contaminated tissue were stained.

Thanks,
Travis Troyer