[Histonet] Stain problem

Linda Margraf Linda.Margraf at cookchildrens.org
Mon Apr 11 17:04:48 CDT 2016

(Here is a message I am posting for Natacha....please reply to the list so she sees it. Thanks Linda M, Histonet administrator)

Hi histonetters,

Lately we have had a special stain phenomenon occurring with our recent liver biopsies on our NexES special stainer. The nuclear staining is obsolete. Where the nucleus should be there are empty spaces. The liver control sections are staining fine with proper digestion and nuclear staining but the patient sections are show no nuclear staining. We have seen this in the past and describe it as a "nuclear bubbling" affect with the PAS/D on this stainer. However, the current nuclear staining is an extreme case. Any thoughts.

Our protocol is Schiff's 4 min @ 60°C and diastase for 12 min.

Natacha M.
Houston, Tx