[Histonet] bx levels

Gagnon, Eric gagnone at KGH.KARI.NET
Fri Apr 1 13:08:28 CDT 2016

We currently place 3 ribbons of 5-6 sections, at each of three levels, 'down' the slide. This may be too many sections for the pathologists' needs. A suggestion for us going forward would be as Lacy Normington suggests - one or two sections at three or four levels, also, placing these short ribbons 'across' the slide. Currently with long biopsies (over 5 mm) we are unable to fit three ribbons of such longer biopsies on one slide, necessitating the use (and cost, and storage) of a second slide.

Eric Gagnon MLT

Histology Laboratory

Kingston General Hospital

Kingston, Ontario, Canada