[Histonet] tests on old cases

Normington Lacy LNormington at uwhealth.org
Fri Apr 1 12:08:02 CDT 2016

At our institution, if the request is received more than "30" days from the collect date, we create a new HOV for the patient.  That way the addendum is still on the same case number.  The collect date is changed by our LIS department to be the "request to pull from archive" based on Medicare requirements.  We add the requesting physician to the existing case.

Lacy Normington, HTL(ASCP)CM
Manager, Surgical Pathology Lab Services
UW Health
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-2472