[Histonet] Problem with ccmount drying out and reexposing tissue sections

Lewis, Patrick patrick.lewis at seattlechildrens.org
Tue Sep 29 13:29:54 CDT 2015

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced a problem with sigmas cc/mount solution.

I liberally cover my section with it to form a protective seal.,  But with my current bottle it seems that when it dries it re-exposes the tissue and does not form a protective layer.

I end up having to reapply it.   The 2nd apply seems to get me the protective layer that I want, but I am concerned that drying/exposure from the first application will damage the staining that I have.

I don't want my post staining slides to be exposed to air for a length of time between hematoxylin and cover slipping.

This is a fairly recent problem and I am wondering if I just have a bad batch of cc/mount.

CAT# C9368-30 ML

Lot# MKBR27838V

I called Sigma and they are sending me a new bottle from a different lot.

But they haven't experienced this problem before with cc/mount.

Patrick Lewis
Research Associate II Bench
Seattle Childrens Research Institute
206-884-1115