[Histonet] Hematoxylin Precipitate

Tim H thigginsht at msn.com
Tue Sep 22 16:04:18 CDT 2015

Liz, Phillip and all that are
interested,

I take it you have guys never looked at or had someone else
examine what is at the bottom of the Hematoxylin filter after
you put through a day’s work.  There will be tissue particles of
tissue along with other contaminates, I am not saying you are going to see
a complete LEEP sitting at the bottom but you will have
contamination.

Liz, maybe the tissue super adheres up there in wacky tabacky country
and Phillip sitting in a research facility (are you even
involved with processing and staining of slides or just publishing
articles?) but in the rest of the United States, I can guarantee you there
will be some tissue in the Hematoxylin if you use a traditional dip and
dunk system.

Liz, you do bring up a good point
about having tissue in every container. To a degree you
will have tissue in every reagent container. I was assuming and maybe
unjustly that most labs are using Good Laboratory Practice and
discard their reagents after they have used them for a staining session.  This
topic was about Hematoxylin Precipitate and "small spore or pollen-like
blue dots" which I did not say was tissue, I was passing along some
of my 23 years of knowledge.

Listen; don't take my word for
it.  You can have Ventana come out to your facility and filter
all your reagents and stains and have them tell you what is in your
solutions.
Next time just pass along good
information and criticize those trying to help!  To many people like to make a negative on this site of people trying to truly help.  This is why I rarely post on Histonet but instead directly email the person.

By no means am I promoting
Ventana/Roche products.  I am just passing along information that might be
helpful.

 Tim Disclaimer: This information is by no means is meant for any weak stomach individuals or those preparing for the  zombie apocalypse.