[Histonet] Mildew on paraffin block

Jennifer Robinson jennjennhisto at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:06:18 CDT 2015

I believe I may know the answer, but I would like peer support in my theory
or an alternative answer. I'm looking for ideas regarding mildew causation
on tissue in paraffin blocks.

Details: outside blocks cut last week, placed wet (a no, no) back into a
plastic bag, and growth found on tissue in blocks yesterday. Blocks cut
before months ago with no problems, blocks show proper processing, and
previous slides show proper fixation.

Causation? And can blocks be salvaged with confidence in tissue integrity?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.