[Histonet] Pathology labs using Premier for staffing

Beth Cox bethcoxx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:50:26 CDT 2015

The way Premier can break down the productivity/staffing info for your
lab is dependent on how your organization separates the lab into cost
centers -- if your lab is all one cost center for clinical and anatomic
labs together, that's the way it gets reported to Premier, and that's
how the statistics will come back to you.  These statistics are based on
billable tests and worked hours for your cost center.  If your
organization has the anatomic lab as a different cost center from the
clinical lab, the info will get reported to Premier separately and
Premier can give you info back comparing you to other AP only
databases.   There are no labs I am aware of which have Histo and Cyto
in separate cost centers, so Premier would likely be unable to give you
comparison data that way.

Beth Cox, HTL/SCT(ASCP)QIHC
Pathology Solutions, Inc

Message: 10