[Histonet] Sunquest CoPath

Cartun, Richard Richard.Cartun at hhchealth.org
Wed Oct 14 11:29:49 CDT 2015

Dear Histology Colleagues:

I need your help once again.  Our healthcare system is in the process of switching over to Sunquest CoPath; we currently have Cerner CoPath now.  I have been told that when using their bar code and tracking system one cannot generate unstained slides (for possible histochemical stains and/or IHC testing) upfront (at the time that the H&Es are cut).  Evidently, this is because the unique identifier for that unstained slide cannot be modified for ancillary testing.  Is this true?  I cannot believe that a software program for pathology laboratories in this day and age would not allow for this.  Is anyone using this system and have you found a solution to this problem?  We have a lot of slide protocols that include the cutting of unstained slides upfront.  I apologize if I have incorrectly stated the facts here; however, this is how it was explained to me in a conference call earlier this week.

As always, thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & The Martin M. Berman, MD Immunopathology & Morphologic Proteomics Laboratory
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 972-1596
(860) 545-2204 Fax

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message, including any attachments.