[Histonet] processing cycle

Gudrun Lang gu.lang at gmx.at
Fri Nov 20 01:59:14 CST 2015

Hi Allison,
we doubled the times of the regular processing protocol beginning with
longer absolute ethanol, intermedium and paraffin. Our regular protocol
takes 13 hours and the fatty-protocol takes 17 hours. We start it at about 2
pm with endtime at 8 am. So breast tissue is mostly embedded at the end of
the bulk of cassettes.

This improved cutting really in a great manner.  The problem occurs, that
fixation time is rather short, when grossing of breast is done just shortly
before processing. So we want our pathologists to gross the breast from the
day before rather early in the morning.

Gudrun