[Histonet] Bodipy stains

Roy, Edward J eroy at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 19 09:22:04 CST 2015

Does anyone have experience with Bodipy 493/503 or Bodipy 581/591 lipid stains with histological sections? I’ve seen one paper using muscle sections with Bodipy 493/503, but wondered what processing steps would mess it up. Specifically, will it still work with formaldehyde fixed sections, processed through 30% sucrose and cryosectioned? Or just snap frozen and cryosectioned? I presume if sections go through any ethanol the lipids would get extracted. Thanks for any advice.
Ed Roy

Edward J. Roy, PhD
Professor Emeritus, Department of Pathology
Urbana, IL 61801
217 333-3375