[Histonet] Pas Digestion

Caroline Miller mills at 3scan.com
Wed Nov 4 09:21:21 CST 2015

Yes, 37oC is optimal, however an enzyme is often active at 25oC but to a
lower level of efficiency....you just leave it longer.

I don't know if you ever did this in the US, but when I first learned the
dPAS technique we used to spit on the slide :)

Much nicer is to buy some diastase such as this:
http://www.americanmastertech.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetailStyles&item=AHDIA50

and I have attached what we used to do in London (the spitting was only a
good trick to show the trainees)

Maybe it is the freezing? Enzymes don't really like that unless there is
glycerol and /or a high concentration of enzyme. I would just make it up
from powder fresh every time, it is not that hard or time consuming

yours,
mills

--
Caroline Miller (mills)