[Histonet] Opening of Uterus' and Colons

Timm, Amber L timma at dxandtx.com
Thu May 28 08:51:26 CDT 2015

Good morning-

I am wondering if are there regulations on who is able to open uterus' and colons? We have a non-Histo tech lab assistant in our laboratory and am unable to find any regs. on if he can open these for placing in formalin. Thoughts please.

Thank you

Amber Timm, MLS (ASCP)CM

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender at the electronic mail address noted above and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.