[Histonet] : Re: H&E Stainer Question

Simmons, Christopher simmca at UPMC.EDU
Wed May 13 11:18:42 CDT 2015

Depending on your LIS integration, the block barcode is scanned, there is a delay that you can specify, then the slide(s) ordered on that particular block are printed in the order they are ordered.
SlideMates have 2 versions, one sends a text file to the server to print the slide, the other sends a picture file that the slidemate copies, you will have to determine which one you want.
They are a great time-saver, cost-saver, and CAP compliant machine.

Chris Simmons B.S., A.S., HTL(ASCP)
Supervisor, UPP Dermatopathology
412.864.3880 office
412.612.0881 cell

-----Original Message-----
From: Histology Technician [mailto:histology81176 at att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:06 PM
To: Kathy.Machado at LPNT.net; histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] : Re: H&E Stainer Question

Does anyone have a Thermo PrintMate that you'd like to share the SOP on?  Thanks!

     On Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:50 PM, "Kathy.Machado at LPNT.net" <Kathy.Machado at LPNT.net> wrote:

 We just got rid of our Leica XL.  It was not working right after about 10 years, little things started going wrong. And then it just quit "reading" the white clip that we used for counterstaining IHC.  The cost for someone to come to the lab to fix it was ridiculous.  The customer service from Leica was not the best.
We now have a Gemini from Thermo and love it.  It has two ovens and stains similar to the Leica.  So far we have not had any problems and we LOVE our Thermo/Fisher reps.  They have been wonderful.

Kathy Machado, HTL
Danville Regional Medical Center
Danville, VA
Kathy.Machado at lpnt.net<mailto:Kathy.Machado at lpnt.net>