[Histonet] B-gal positive control

koellingr at comcast.net koellingr at comcast.net
Fri May 8 11:04:53 CDT 2015

Anna,
Don't know if you are talking human or non-human control or if makes a difference and I don't want to get into that whole discussion again. But if a mouse control is OK, one of the cleanest and nicest systems I used  for B-gal was to get a transgenic mouse, easily obtainable with a Tie-2/lacZ promoter/reporter.  B-gal expressed only on vascular endothelium so your assay can easily be tweaked for strength and cleanliness of signal.  Have all the frozen/FFPE blocks you could ever need.
Ray, Lake Forest Park, WA