[Histonet] Can't log into Histonet to do anything

mhanna at histosearch.com mhanna at histosearch.com
Mon May 4 19:40:19 CDT 2015

Hi Gayle, Ray, Brian and Histonetters,

It does appear the computer that runs our list server and about 20 others, lists.utsouthwestern.edu, is currently down or not answering. This server is run by the IT Department at UT Southwest. Sometimes computers crash and it can take time to fix the problem. They may also shut down less critical servers when the University needs priority on their bandwidth. I know they have some smart IT people and will probably have it back up soon.

In the meantime, it won't be possible to subscribe or unsubscribe. It does look like messages are getting through, so they probably have the email routed through a different server. Hope this helps.

Marvin