[Histonet] Bleach as Cleaning Agent or Decontamination

ian bernard ian.bernard at comcast.net
Sat May 2 09:44:29 CDT 2015

Our facility is moving towards standardization of decontaminants or
disinfectants.  They prefer all areas use a Sani wipes that kills most
pathogens.

However, we contend for Anatomic pathology we need our liquid bleach not
only as disinfectant or decontaminant but as a cleaning agent for stained
lab-ware.  You thoughts?

Also, what concentration of Bleach (5.25 or 10%)  is acceptable for use as
both a disinfectant and cleaning agent or should we keep them separate?

We used to buy the hospital grade premade bleach at a 5.25% concentration
but now they want us instead to buy the 99.9% commercial Bleach and dilute
from there.  Any suggestions on opaque containers for us to purchase since
bleach break down after a time period, at least for disinfecting?

V/r

Ian