[Histonet] IHC billing CoPath workaround

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Fri May 1 13:34:25 CDT 2015

We have a great workaround in built in CoPath.
Every antibody in our IHC dictionary, is built in triplicate.
One is called "[Ab name]-Primary" with a 88342 CPT code,
the second is called "[Ab name]-Add" with an 88341 CPT code.
The third is "[Ab name]-NC for no charge or N/A in the CoPath dictionary. This is for when the pathologists wants the same antibody on multiple blocks for the same specimen (which can't be charged)
Then we just educated everyone on how to order correctly and provided a cheat sheet.  For panels, the stain groups were built correctly so that the first Ab ordered is always 88342, and the remaining charge as 88341.
It has worked very well for us with few mistakes at implementation. It bills correctly, counts stained slides correctly, and orders across the interface to the stainer correctly, so that we get the right bar code labels for our IHC stainer.
A win-win situation.