[Histonet] Re: Post fixing IHC slides

abtdhu <@t> gmail.com abtdhu <@t> gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:30:40 CDT 2015

Hi Cecilia,
Glad to know post fixation will reduce section falling off from slide. We are bone research lab and always have problem of paraffin bone section falling off after antigen retrieval. There are many ways we have tried, but not improve too much. I know bone section will be easy to fall if it was incompletely fixed. I want to try your post fixation to secure the bone section on the slide. Would you tell me the exact way you are doing? You bake the slides in oven and deparaffin first? Then post fix the slides 30 minutes? How do you do vapor fixation? Then go on for IHC after rinse when you done post fixation?
Your answer is very much appreciated.
Dorothy