[Histonet] sta on

O'Donnell, Bill billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net
Wed Mar 25 14:46:38 CDT 2015

We use it and are happy with it. Measure out your dose and you will not have background. Never lose sections. We do not do IHC  :(

It seems a reasonable request and a bottle should last a while at a capful a day.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Shirley A. Powell
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:04 PM
To: anita; Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] sta on

I use it.  Back when I was doing my IHC reference lab, I had certain tissues that would not stay on with charged slides.  These were bloody, crunchy and brittle tissues mostly.  When they washed, I used Sta-On and they worked great.  No washing.  After my institution closed the IHC part of my lab in 2002, I decided to use Sta-On and not charged slides which was more cost effective.  I still use it today.  Very seldom do I lose any sections.

Shirley Powell
MUSM