[Histonet] TEM: Sensory vs. glandular structures on insect wings

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay blayjorge <@t> gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 12:05:09 CDT 2015

Dear Histonet-Listers:

I am involved in transmission electron microscopy (TEM) study on insect
wing organs. Beside veins, in cross section I have seen other structures.
How could I tell whether those structures are sensory or glandular? I have
searched the web for images and I am getting a sense of what to look but
yet have to come across images contrasting, in plain language, how would a
"typical" sensory structure on the insect wing would look (in cross section
with TEM) vs. a glandular structure (again, in cross section with TEM). If
you know of resources I could tap, please kindly contact me off line (email
below).

With gratefulness,

Jorge
blayjorge <@t> gmail.com

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD
blaypublishers.com

1. Positive experiences for authors of papers published in *LEB*
http://blaypublishers.com/testimonials/

2. Free examples of papers published in *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/category/previous-issues/.

3. *Guidelines for Authors* and page charges of *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/archives/ *.*