[Histonet] Block staining with HE

Caroline Miller mills <@t> 3scan.com
Fri Mar 20 14:30:17 CDT 2015

Hi Histonet, Happy Friday!

I was wondering if anyone had access to this paper:
Stain Technol.
<http://www-ncbi-nlm-nih-gov.ucsf.idm.oclc.org/pubmed/6166093?dopt=AbstractPlus&tool=cdl&otool=cdlotool#>
1981 Mar;56(2):119-23.
Block staining of mammalian tissues with hematoxylin and eosin.

or if anyone had some tips on whole-mount HE staining I would gladly take
it!

I am just starting on this quest, but so far I have tried vacuum for the
haematoxylin overnight with Erlichs and Harris's, and I have some Mayers on
order. The Erlichs and harris's really overstained the tissue and I have
been destaining for a while. I am thinking Mayer's may be better for its
progressive nature, but any advice will be gratefully taken!

Thank you in advance for your fantastic advice!

yours,

Caroline

--
Caroline Miller