[Histonet] RE: IHC charges

Weems, Joyce K. Joyce.Weems <@t> emoryhealthcare.org
Wed Mar 4 11:05:12 CST 2015

You can only charge the patient as you describe, but I would think the reference lab would charge per their contract with you.

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
678-843-7376 Phone
678-843-7831 Fax
joyce.weems <@t> emoryhealthcare.org

www.saintjosephsatlanta.org
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Saint Joseph's Hospital and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Hannen, Valerie
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 9:25 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] IHC charges

Good Morning all..

We stopped doing IHC's some time ago and we send them out to a reference lab. If we send 4 blocks from 1 specimen, let's say part "A" and 2 blocks from specimen

"B", from what I know, we can only charge for 1 block from each specimen per antibody.  My question is this...  Can the reference lab charge us for all 6 blocks??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Valerie Hannen,MLT(ASCP),HTL,SU (FL)
Section Chief, Histology
Parrish Medical Center
951 N. Washington Ave.
Titusville,Florida 32796
T: (321)268-6333 ext. 7506
F: (321) 268-6149
valerie.hannen <@t> parrishmed.com<mailto:valerie.hannen <@t> parrishmed.com>
www.parrishmed.com

"This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete this message. Thank you"