[Histonet] CBG recyler and recycled Formalin

Nancy Schmitt Nancy_Schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com
Mon Mar 2 12:17:33 CST 2015

Roy-
We use CBG recyclers - one for alcohol/xylene and one for formalin.  The formalin is tested and with a couple simple equations you determine whether you need to add water or formalin concentrate to get back to 10%, figure out total amount of formalin and another equation to determine the amount of buffer to add.
Nancy Schmitt MLT, HT(ASCP)
United Clinical Laboratories
Dubuque, IA
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:41:51 -0500
From: "Roy, Ryan" <Ryan.Roy <@t> va.gov>
Subject: [Histonet] CBG recyler and recycled Formalin
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

Hello,

We are getting a new CBG that recycles xylene , alcohol, and formalin.

We purchase buffered formalin? Does anyone know if after recycling the recycled formalin would or would not need be re-buffered??

Thanks in advance,

Ryan Roy HTL (ASCP)
Histology Lab
Manchester VA
718 Symth Rd
Manchester NH 03104
(603) 624-4366 ex 6640

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The information
is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed
incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any
attachments. Thank you.