[Histonet] [EXTERNAL] Re: competency assessment for Anatomic Pathologist

Boyd, Debbie M DKBoyd at chs.net
Mon Jun 22 06:39:23 CDT 2015

Our pathologist are evaluated using the OPPE ( Ongoing Physician Performance Evaluation) method.  In that method we monitor TAT for Surg. Path, Cyto, Autop. Frozen Sections, Bone Marrows.  Cyto to Histo correlations, frozen to permanent correlations, Post OP to Final correlations.  Peer Review cases agreements vs. disagreements.
The below information is formated on an Excel spreadsheet.  This information is reported quarterly to our QA department.  They take care of the rest for re-credentialing.

Cases Reviewed
Frozen Section/Histology Correlation
Cytology/Histology Correlation
Autopsies
Preliminary Autopsy Report completed within 72 hrs
Final Autopsy Report completed within 60 Days
Bone Marrow Aspiration Reviews
INTERNAL REVIEWS

  External Consultations
1-No difference in interpretations
2-Difference in interpretationw w/no potential impact
3-Difference in interpretation w/minimal potential impact
4-Difference in interpretation w/significant potential for altering plan of care

Surgical Turnaround Study- #Cases Sampled
<24 hours
<48 hours
<72 hours
Decals, BM, Send Outs  >96 hours
Percentage Completed Within 48 hours

CytologyTurnaround Study- #Cases Sampled
<24 hours
<48 hours
<72 hours
>96 hours
Percentage Completed Within 48 hours

Debbie M. Boyd HT (ASCP) | Chief Histologist  | Southside Regional Medical Center | 200 Medical Park Blvd.  |  Petersburg, Va.  23805 | PH 804-765-5025 | FAX 804-765-6058