[Histonet] high school donations

Schade, Adelle a_schade at conradweiser.org
Tue Jun 16 15:33:19 CDT 2015

Hello,
I am posting to ask for any information or direction this group may be able to give (or leads for contacts) concerning the possibility of donations to a high school science/ histology laboratory.

I am a high school teacher (Conrad Weiser HS, Robesonia, PA) and Cell/ Molecular Biology PhD student (Univ. of the Sciences, Philadelphia, PA).  I developed a histology laboratory this year in my high school and it has taken off!  The students are extremely interested in learning and experimenting utilizing histological technique.  I am holding a summer program opening the lab for students to work.  Initially I thought I would have 5 to 10 students that would want to work over the summer; 28 students are attending.  It is inspiring to see such enthusiasm!  With this in mind, I would like to try to accumulate some additional equipment/ supplies.  If you know of any laboratories that are closing/ shutting down/ or equipment/supplies that are not being utilized and there is a possibility of donating these items to a public high school please email me off list (a_schade at conradweiser.org<mailto:a_schade at conradweiser.org>).  We are looking for any histology related equipment and supplies (especially a tissue processor- we are manually processing at this point); as well as any basic laboratory equipment/ supplies (glassware, micropipettes, heating mantles, etc.)

Thank you for your time.  I love reading the informative posts on this listserv!
Have a great summer,
Adelle Schade

Ms. Adelle L. Schade, B.S., M.Ed., M.S.
Conrad Weiser High School