[Histonet] : Paraffin block disposal

Bernice Frederick b-frederick at northwestern.edu
Mon Jun 8 10:27:46 CDT 2015

All,
Any blocks for patients on clinical trials should also be kept to the end of the trial (please flag them and keep them somewhere) or sent to the cooperative group as the patient did consent for use of their blocks (usually) for future use. As well, one block is not always sufficient as that person may end up on more than one trial and need a different block (like a LN when a tumor block was originally needed).
Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)
Senior Research Tech
Pathology Core Facility