[Histonet] Ventana H.Pylori antibody

Cates, Julia Julia.Cates at AHSS.ORG
Thu Jul 30 10:30:01 CDT 2015

Good day Histonet,

I have seen in the past conversations regarding Ventana's H.Pylori antibody and how dirty looking the stain can be.  We have been using this antibody for several years now and have never really been happy with the quality.  We have tried the recommended methods to "clean up" the stain and still we run into repeating the stain and/or complaints from the pathologists.  We are considering using a different vendor but my concern is that my efforts will be a lateral move.  Is anyone using a product that produces a clean stain or is this something inherent to this antibody?  Are the pathologists happy with it and not just tolerating it?

Thank you for your suggestions,

Julia Cates, HT(ASCP)cm
Pathology Coordinator, Pathology
Florida Hospital Waterman
(352) 253-3333 ext.4346 | Fax: (352) 253-3592

Confidentiality Statement: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply to this email and delete the original and all copies of this email.