[Histonet] email issues

Linda Margraf Linda.Margraf at cookchildrens.org
Tue Jul 21 10:54:29 CDT 2015

Dear Histonetters,
I have heard from a couple of list members that they have been removed from the list from excess bounces and once they have gotten back on the listserv membership list, they no longer receive a copy of any message they post to the list. They use Yahoo and AOL.

I contacted the IT experts at the university who investigated. It appears Yahoo and probably AOL have changed settings to improve spam filtering and it is blocking or bouncing mail. The IT guys changed some settings on the server. The bouncing issue seems to be resolved but for people using those email systems, they may not get a copy of any messages they post to the list any longer.  Apparently all the other mail from the list comes through just fine. If that happens to you, you can check the archive (http://www.histosearch.com/histonet.html) to see if your message is there. There is also a setting for your Histonet subscription, that you can turn on, that will send an acknowledgement when you post to the list. I am testing this now as I don't think we have used it before. Yahoo and AOL (or other email providers) customer service may also be able to help.