[Histonet] National Academy of Sciences Confirms That Formaldehyde Can Cause Cancer in a Finding That Has Implications for Anatomic Pathology and Histology Laboratories

Paula Pierce paula at excaliburpathology.com
Mon Jul 13 15:42:22 CDT 2015

Like and Ditto to Joyce. Paula Pierce, BS, HTL(ASCP)HT President Excalibur Pathology, Inc. 5830 N Blue Lake Dr. Norman, OK 73069 405-759-3953 PH  405-759-7513 FAX www.excaliburpathology.com
      From: "Weems, Joyce K." <Joyce.Weems at emoryhealthcare.org>
 To: "Stedman, Nancy" <Nancy.Stedman at buschgardens.com>; "Adesupo, Adesuyi (Banjo)" <abadesuyi at nrh-ok.com>; "'histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu'" <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
 Sent: Monday, July 13, 2015 3:09 PM
 Subject: Re: [Histonet] National Academy of Sciences Confirms That Formaldehyde Can Cause Cancer in a Finding That Has Implications for Anatomic Pathology and Histology Laboratories

The problem in the clinical world is that many clinical trials require formalin fixation, so I would not want to substitute anything that would prevent a patient from being in a trial.

It's not new to me that formalin is a carcinogen. I just try to make sure to use PPE and have good ventilation and monitor as necessary. (Unlike when I put my ungloved hands in it and had no ventilation when I started down this path a hundred years ago.)  j

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
678-843-7376 Phone
678-843-7831 Fax
joyce.weems at emoryhealthcare.org

www.saintjosephsatlanta.org
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Saint Joseph's Hospital and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.