[Histonet] Alizarin Red for rodent Feti

John Kiernan jkiernan at uwo.ca
Mon Jul 6 11:43:30 CDT 2015

Red bone and blue cartilage:

Webb, G.N. and Byrd, R.A. (1994). Simultaneous differential staining of cartilage and bone in rodent fetuses: an alcian blue and alizarin red S procedure without glacial acetic acid. Biotechnic & Histochemistry 69:181-185.

Redfern, B.G., Wise, L.D. and Spence, S. (2007). An alternative alcian blue dye variant for the evaluation of fetal cartilage. Birth Defects Research (Part B) 80:171-176.

Yamazaki, Y., Yuguchi, M., Kubota, S. and Isokawa, K. (2011). Whole-mount bone and cartilage staining of chick embryos with minimal decalcification. Biotechnic & Histochemistry 86:351-358.

Trueman, D. and Stewart, J. (2014). An automated technique for double staining mouse fetal and neonatal skeletal specimens to differentiate bone and cartilage. Biotechnic & Histochemistry 89:315-319.

John Kiernan
London, Canada
P.S. Fetus is a 4th declension Latin noun, so its plural in English is fetuses, not feti!
= = =