[Histonet] Tissue Processor Validation Procedure

Johnson, Carole cjohnson <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Fri Jan 30 14:18:56 CST 2015

Hello Allison,

When we purchased a new processor, I chose tissue specimens representative of what we normally see in our lab (surgical/biopsy and necropsy tissues) from cases which had been signed out within the previous 48-72 hours. I then ran parallel samples on both processors (same protocols, run the same day, fresh reagents in both processors) and then set up a grading scale for the pathologists to do a blind comparison. After that, I did a (brief) statistical analysis to determine if there was any significant difference between slides from the two processors. For IHC (we are a small lab with a short IHC menu currently), I ran parallel Vimentin and Multicytokeratin on the same blocks as used for the H&E and did a comparison just as for the H&E slides. I presented the final data to my chief pathologist who then signed off on the validation. I keep a copy of the validation with my equipment records. I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Carole

Carole Johnson
Carole Johnson, HT(ASCP)cm
New Mexico Department of Agriculture
Veterinary Diagnostic Services
505.383.9299

To understand is to stand under, which is to look up, which is a good way to understand

Confidentiality Notice: New Mexico has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state employees are public records. Your e-mail communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure. This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipients. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act.