[Histonet] LCM from tissue on Plus slides

Briley, David dabriley <@t> UTMB.EDU
Wed Jan 21 20:20:51 CST 2015

Greetings all,

I am looking for advice on this issue: I have human tissue samples (hippocampus) which arrived pre-sectioned from a collaborator, affixed to commercial Plus slides. I have been asked to laser-capture microdissect (LCM) a region from these slides. The scientist who taught me LCM suggested that plus slides may not release tissue, but did not have experience with using them in this application herself.

::Can anyone confirm or refute that Plus slides will not allow for efficient retrieval of tissue during LCM? (Arcturus system)
::Does anyone have any recommendations to enhance retrieval of tissue from such slides for the purpose of LCM?

Thanks and regards,
David Briley

University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston
Pre-candidacy Doctoral Student