[Histonet] Re: Embedding

Goins, Tresa TGoins <@t> mt.gov
Wed Jan 21 10:29:28 CST 2015

I agree with Gayle.  We finally purchased a trimmer from Ted Pella - lowest price by far - and are saving our finger joints.  The amount of wax remaining on the cassette also appears to depend on the brand of mold used.

Tresa

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gayle Callis
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 9:11 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: Embedding

After years of never winning the battle of paraffin on cassette edges after embedding,  we purchased a paraffin block trimmer.  It saves time and the stress on finger joints compared to scraping cassettes daily.  No matter how careful we were during embedding to keep excess paraffin off cassette edges,
we were never successful.   Several vendors have these and you may be able
to find a refurbished one.

Gayle M. Callis

HTL/HT/MT(ASCP)