[Histonet] RE: specials stainers

Marcum, Pamela A PAMarcum <@t> uams.edu
Tue Jan 20 10:51:22 CST 2015

We use our Leica H&E stainer for PAS only as it is the fastest way we have found to get 30 to 40 bone marrow PAS slides out before 6:30AM every morning.  Otherwise it was just too cumbersome and the Dako does a great job on all routine stains.  We only do the neuro stains and Copper by hand now.  The Dako Copper kit is a different procedure and our pathologist like so it can't be used.  The PAS is just too slow for the turnaround we need daily.  The stain is great!!

Pam Marcum
UAMS

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Robinson
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:31 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: specials stainers

I have the Leica multistainer.  We use it for H & E staining only.  When we attempted to set it up for Special Stains, all of the silver stains had to be made up either each run or each day.  Too much hassle.

Jeff Robinson, HT, HTL
Sierra Pathology Lab, Clovis, CA
jrobinson <@t> pathology-associates.com