[Histonet] cutting a honeybee

Douglas Gregg classicdoc <@t> gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 12:03:46 CST 2015

It looks like I will be helping a student get started looking for the
invertebrate iridovirus in honey bees that might be involved in colony
collapse syndrome.  Until we get up to speed, and set up a histolab in
my basement, is there someone who will be willing to embed and cut a
couple of normal honey bees for his histology study? I will eventually
teach him how to embed and cut and later immunnostain, but we are just
starting out.
He will first have to learn the anatomy and histology of the bee and so will I.

Doug Gregg
retired veterinary pathologist