[Histonet] Cost Analysis:

Joelle Weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 14:18:29 CST 2015

I used the vendor reagent contract/proposal/organizational pricing. You need the cost for each reagent, bulk, detection, ancillaries, slides, coverslips, labels and antibody. I broke it down by each component in the per slide unit, then figured it the other way by adding each individual cost for each antibody on the menu to get a cost/IHC test for each test on the current IHC menu. I then added  the overhead estimate %, instrumentation costs/maintenance/repair contract annualized, and an estimated wage/labor unit based on time and wage/hour . You can then look at these types of costs too, which could be added in to the cost/test or looked at separately. This gives a pretty good estimate of operational cost/test. I put this against the current reimburshment/test for reference. You can do the same thing with any routine process in the lab. This is just how I did it. I used excel to do the calculations.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC