[Histonet] MMA Troubleshooting for Undecalcified Bone

Hernandez, Jesus Willibaldo HernandezJW <@t> uthscsa.edu
Wed Jan 14 13:59:47 CST 2015

This is intended for Bone Histology samples embedded in MMA. I had two main questions.

1.       After mounting my tissue sections (5-10microns) with Haupts adhesive, I noticed that the bone within the section was appearing opaque/darkened on the microscope? I will add that the morphology of the bone structure is not present. The bone still stains, but the detail is missing. I am thinking that I might of over dehydrated during processing or my microtome blade is dull. Any suggestions about this problem would be appreciated.

2.       Anyone have a Hematoxylin & Eosin Staining protocol for undecalcified MMA embedded bone? I do have a protocol, but not sure if I was missing a couple of steps for proper staining.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Jesse Hernandez