[Histonet] RE: Paraffin Temperature Checks

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsf.edu
Thu Jan 8 17:48:03 CST 2015

Brain, we write in NIU for Not in Use if it is not used on a particular day. However, you may want to do checks a couple times per week just to be sure it is working so you don't find solidified paraffin the day you want to use it! Since it takes just as much time to write NIU as it does to write down the temp, you might as well do it!

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
UC San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this email message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Cooper, Brian
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 3:34 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Paraffin Temperature Checks

For those of you out there that are fortunate enough to have tissue processors or embedding centers that are used less often than daily-like maybe even weekly (or even less frequently,) how often are you checking and documenting the paraffin temperatures on said pieces of equipment?  For our daily equipment, it's no big deal obviously.  But we have a "research" processor and embedding center that doesn't get used often-sometimes for a week or two, and if we're not touching the machine, it seems overkill to document paraffin temps daily.

Thanks,

Brian D. Cooper, HT (ASCP)CM | Histology Supervisor Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Children's Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd MS#43- Los Angeles, CA 90027
Ph: 323.361.3357     Pager: 213-209-0184
bcooper <@t> chla.usc.edu<mailto:bcooper <@t> chla.usc.edu>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original message.