[Histonet] RE: ASP300S or VIP 6

Hugh Luk hlukey <@t> msn.com
Thu Jan 8 14:51:41 CST 2015

Hi Jim,

Both machines have given us years of service and we (pretty) highly recommend either.

However, part of your decision should encompass service.  I recommend buying two of the same.  Validation was easy (well, sort-of) on either machine.

Notes and problems we've encountered with our machines:

ASP300(S) "Thermal fuses" blow occasionally (if you do not premelt ALL the paraffin).   Maybe 1-2/year.  Also had a problem with a clog during the cleaning cycle (but resolved itself as was more a 'lazy tech' issue).  Processing baskets are 3 x 100 and there are three paraffin chambers.  Reagent containers "Low Level" are > 1 gallon (awe, have to get another bottle, to top off the container).

VIP6:  Our touchscreen malfunctioned one day after the warranty expired.  Otherwise, the machine processes reagents similar to the ASP300 S and VIP5.  Processing baskets are 2 x 150 and there are four, removable paraffin containers.  Reagent containers are 1.0 gallons.

I consider there problems small as our Biomed and back-up processors saved us.  Best of luck making your choice.
Hugh
Hawaii