[Histonet] Decal acquired by StatLab

Bob Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 14:44:26 CST 2015

I just got an e-mail noting that

"StatLab Medical Products, the leading manufacturer, developer and
distributor of cost-effective histology, cytology and immunohistochemistry
consumable supplies, is pleased to announce the acquisition of Decal
Chemical Corporation of Tallman, NY."

Good time to be reminded that Decal™ is a trademarked name, and is not the
generic term for any bottle of decalcifier on the shelf.

Decal was the most commonly used proprietary decalcifier when I started out
in pathology fifty years ago. In a day when most labs prepared most of
their own reagents, they always bought proprietary decalcifiers.

Nowadays people buy all solutions. I think the Herrn Inschpektors get you
if you home-brew.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville TN